Showing 1–24 of 47 results
Rara carta della Toscana pubblicata da Matteo Florimi a Siena nel 1600 circa e basata sulla cartografia del Bellarmato. Inusuale e decorativa coloritura d’epoca. Girolamo Bellarmato (Siena 1493 – 1560) fu matematico, ingegnere, architetto e cartografo. Lavor in diverse citt italiane e francesi, soprattutto come architetto militare. [cod.1250/15]
Lovely engraved map based on the cartography by C. Franz Radefeld (1788-1874) showing the North and Central Italy with insets of regions around Frosinone. From the “Meyer’s Neuester Zeitungs Atlas” published by Bibliographischen Instituts in Hildburghausen in 1849-52. The innovation of this work is that almost all maps had small inserts showing richly detailed maps of major cities and their surrunding areas: so [cod.266/15]
Beautifull town plan view of Florence at the left and right side with a text about the city. Published in Bodenehr’s Curioses Staats und Kriegs Theatrum. Gabriel Bodenehr (1664 – 1758) was a copper engraver and publisher. In 1716 he bought the copper plates of Johann Stridbeck (1640 – 1716), revised and completed them with his own maps, views and plans, and published them in several works with different titles. [cod.103/15]
A fine miniature map from “Epitome Theatri Orbis Terraum” published in Amsterdam in 1602.The maps were based from those in P. Galle’s final edition of 1598 but were drawn and engraved with great care. They may be easily recognised as they have a wide border with latitude and longitude shown. [cod.259/15]
Very fine panorama of Florence from “Curioses Staats-Kriegstheatrum in Bayern, Franken, Hispanien, Italien” published in Amburg in 1702 by J. Stridbeck and his son J. Stridbeck Junior.
Nice view of the town from: “Lo Stato presente di tutti i paesi e popoli del mondo” published in Venice at Albrizzi. The engraver is F.Zucchi (1692-1764). [cod.285/15]
A beautiful tinted lithograph by O. Saunier based on a drawn by A. Durand showing Piazza Grande in Arezzo from the famous “La Toscane” published in Paris at Lemercier in 1863.
Nice and detailed map of Tuscany with inset Val di Magra area with Sarzana, Massa and Carrara from “Parallela geographica Italiae veteris et novae”, a rare work by Philip Briet published in Paris in 1649 at Sebastian Cramoisy. [cod.280/15]
A beautiful well engraved view of Florence by Johan Georg Merz after Werner from the very rare serie La famosa e meritevole città di Firenze, cioè i più considerabili prospetti delle Chiese, Residenze, Pallazzi, Piazze e Ville published in Augsburg, 1735. Cfr. British Museum 1897,0113.56
A beautiful tinted lithograph view of Livorno in Tuscany taken from the sea by O. Saunier based on a drawn by E. Ciceri. From the famous “La Toscane” published in Paris at Lemercier in 1863.
Nice Merian’s plan of Lucca from “Topographia Italiae” published in Franckfurt in 1688. Mattheus Merian was a notable Swiss engraver, born in Basle in 1593, who subsequently studied in Zurich and then moved to Frankfurt where he met Theodore de Bry, whose daughter he married in 1617. They had numerous children together, including a daughter, Anna Maria Sibylla Merian, born in 1647. She became a pioneering naturalist and illustrator. [cod.271/15]
Interesting town plan of the walled city of Lucca from the rare Schauplatz des Krieges In Italien, Oder Accurate Beschreibung der Lombardey by Thomas Fritschen published in Leipzig in 1702.
Copper engraving from “Curioses Staats-Kriegstheatrum in Bayern, Franken, Hispanien, Italien” published in Amburg in 1702 by J. Stridbeck and his son J. Stridbeck Junior. [cod.099/15]
Scarce map of the Jesuits Maire and Boscovich, resulting from their geodesic survey of the Rome-Rimini meridian published in 3 sheets in Rome in 1755. The important map was joined then dissected into 24 segments and mounted on linen. [cod.1053/15]
A beautiful tinted lithograph showing the Palazzo Comunale in Prato by O. Saunier based on a drawn by A. Durand from the famous “La Toscane” published in Paris at Lemercier in 1863.
A beautiful tinted lithograph of Piombino by O. Saunier based on a drawn by A. Durand from the famous “La Toscane” published in Paris at Lemercier in 1863.